Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mr. Mailman


Earlier in the summer I did some cello session work at Blackwatch Studios in Norman. I liked the song immediately, especially after the artist, Ben Rector, described it to me as an 80's Randy Newman-esque piano-driven pop song. If you mix that with a bit of the Jackson 5 chord progression from "I Want You Back" you get this excellent summer pop song called "Mr. Mailman." It is part of a 2 song EP called Summer Candy which recently reached #15 on the iTunes pop charts and somewhere around # 50 overall.

I don't have a youtube video or anything to post, but go check out the 30 second clip on iTunes. The cello stuff worked out really well, I think.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it is pretty cool! interesting to hear that piano with the percussion together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I find a chord sheet or sheet music for this song?

    ReplyDelete