Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Letter To The Members of the American Muslim Association in Oklahoma


Dear members of the American Muslim Association of Oklahoma,
I would like to take a moment and apologize for the unwise and ignorant actions of our fellow Oklahomans who defaced the exterior of the Grand Mosque this past weekend.
In Christianity, the church is a community of persons united by certain principles.  This is distinguished from the church building.   Therefore no ignorant action, perpetuating dislike and misunderstanding, one can ever truly deface your community.   

I will keep you in my thoughts, and please know that so many of us treasure the variety of different practices and traditions you bring to our city and our state.  

I know that we serve a common purpose.  I hope that we can continue to work together - as it says on your website - “towards the goal of spirituality, betterment of humanity, and performing charity.”

“Our ardent prayer and hope is that peace prevail throughout the world.”


I hope to see you soon.   

Your neighbor,   

Steven Stark  (a member of Mayflower Congregational UCC)

No comments:

Post a Comment